Why Email Marketing Matters

Email Marketing

Why Email Marketing Matters

Despite all the business marketing focus on the importance of content creation, social media integration and mobile compatibility, the first step in a successful marketing campaign is going to be the “old-fashioned” direct email delivery. Sending an email to your customer(s) or a potential customer(s) inbox is going to be the most effective channel for awareness, acquisition, conversion and retention (Gigaom Research).

Email emerged as the digital-marketing workhorse, deemed effective for meeting all objectives. – Gigaom Research

Eye Opening Email Facts:

  • Email has an ROI of 4,300% by providing you the most direct line of communication for conversion to sales. (Direct Marketing Association)
  • For every $1 spent, $44.25 is the average return on the email marketing investment. (EmailExpert)
  • Email conversion rates are 3X (three times) higher than social media with a 17% higher value in the conversion. (McKinsey & Company)
  • Email is nearly 40X (forty times) better than Facebook and Twitter at acquiring customers. (McKinsey & Company)
  • If email does not display correctly, 71.2% will delete it immediately. (BlueHornet)
  • Companies that use email list segmentation saw 39% higher open rates and 28% lower unsubscribe rates. (Lyris Annual Email Optimizer Report)
  • 91% of consumers check their email at least once per day on their smartphone, making it the most used functionality. (ExactTarget)

While these are just some of the benefits of email marketing there are a few things that should be running through your mind. First, you absolutely have to implement email marketing into your business and marketing plan. Secondly, now that you are implementing the tactic, you should be doing it with the best tools to ensure you are optimizing your efforts.

You Need An Email Marketing Service

Lawful Compliance

It’s called the CAN-SPAM Act and it’s filled with 7 rules that every business must follow when engaging in email marketing. The rules aren’t overly difficult to follow however each violation is subject to a $16,000 fine. So non-compliance can be costly for any business, especially one that doesn’t have money to burn (what business does?). For more detailed information on the laws read 7 Email Marketing Rules You Need To Know.

To Ensure Delivery

Data has indicated that roughly a quarter (25%) of all email sent with the senders permission never even reaches their inbox. Nearly 20% percent of the emails were either blocked and the other 5% get delivered into a spam, promotional or junk folders. With the right email marketing service you will take the initial steps to ensure that 25% of your company work and effort doesn’t get flushed down the drain immediately.

Make It Shine

Email services will provide you with templates that will render based on the viewing device of the reader. Having a response email template is just a single piece of the puzzle. They will also ensure you have plain text delivery, an html / website view and keep the images on their our CDN network for blazing fast load times.

Track (Data)

A company should take the time to design an email for multiple formats, comb through the copy that will best engage with their target market and hope that the message will help increase their bottom line. But how do you know what works if you don’t have the data to back it up? Any company that decides to send out an email should absolutely know all the important data points.

Such As (to just name a few): How many emails were delivered? Who opened it? Did anyone complain? Was it marked as spam? Was it shared through various social media outlets? Were any links clicked? Was the message forwarded on?

By knowing the answers to some of these questions you then have the ability to run A/B testing on messages, customize future email messages, segment lists and generally ensure that your marketing effort isn’t going to waste (or even worse – negatively effecting the company goals). In future postings we will compare the top 5 email marketing services and how you, as a company, should pick the best one.

Tags:
, ,
No Comments

Post A Comment

Like our vibe? Well we are looking for a few more friendly faces around the office.
0
Connecting
Please wait...
We're Offline At The Moment

Sorry, we aren't online at the moment. Leave a message.

* Your Name
* Email
* How can we help you?
Start Chatting

Can we help answer any questions? Talk to a live representative right now.

Your Name
* Email
* How can we help you?
We're online!
Feedback

Help us help you better! Feel free to leave us any additional feedback.

How do you rate our support?